WOOF! WELCOME!


WOOF! WELCOME!


Partners with your dog -- Side by side and Paw in Hand!


We want you to enjoy your life with your dog to the utmost!

Send us a question. Send us a brag. Send us a photo. Leave a comment. We'll answer, post and all learn together!

Arrrooooooooo!!!

Maren

And the Paw in Hand team!



Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick'n Treat Training!






Happy HOWL-o-ween!


I see training opportunities!

- Doorbell ringing means automatic "go to place"
- Opportunity to accept rushed handling and having costumes adjusted
- Default "Stay" while I open the door...
- "Wait" even with goulish distractions!
- Attention to me gets a treat
- Then a chance to say hi to the trick-or-treaters!
- A chance to check out the candy with their nose is cued by "sniff-sniff"




I am very lucky that my dogs aren't upset by fireworks but I also didn't want to chance it and take them out on the streets on Halloween evening. We had fun at home!


Join our dog training classes and teach your dog some of these foundation behaviours so that next year your Halloween will be happy too!
Step One
http://pawinhand.blogspot.com/p/step-one.html

No comments:

Post a Comment