WOOF! WELCOME!


WOOF! WELCOME!


Partners with your dog -- Side by side and Paw in Hand!


We want you to enjoy your life with your dog to the utmost!

Send us a question. Send us a brag. Send us a photo. Leave a comment. We'll answer, post and all learn together!

Arrrooooooooo!!!

Maren

And the Paw in Hand team!



Monday, July 19, 2010

Berry Yummy Treats on the Trail!!!

Another opportunity to train your dog that you don't want to miss out on! No drilling obedience exercises and long work sessions ... learn how to use opportunities in daily life to train your dog.

I teach my dogs to check in with me whenever I stop on the trail. We practice this in day to day interactions. It is more a way of communicating and a game than a command. When they check in with me they are thanked or reinforced with some type of reward or game or interaction ... or in this case a chance to pick their own berries!



Through the simple fun training games that my dogs and I play together they learn to be more attentive to me. These games are useful tools to help problems such as bike chasing, rushing at other trails users, devouring yuck on the trails, etc.

Join us in a STEP ONE Training Workshop and then progress to single topic focused workshops and learn how to train your dog the day by day play way... dogs or puppies!

http://pawinhand.blogspot.com/p/step-one.html

No comments:

Post a Comment